- GENERAL INFORMATION
Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd. is a company registered in the Republic of Cyprus, a member of the European Union (EU), which shall maintain legal jurisdiction. The Company and its international subsidiaries, hereafter referred collectively as “Marlow Navigation” or “Marlow Offshore”, provides international crew and ship management services, including but not limited to: technical vessel management, offshore crew management and offshore project management.
Marlow Navigation is committed to protecting your privacy. The official offshore website, marlow-offshore.com, is presented as is seen by the user, and makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding its professional business services in offshore crew and ship management.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT & PRIVACY OF DATA
Marlow Navigation (“We”) appreciate your interest and visit to our website and would like to explain what data we collect, how and why, and to emphasise the importance we place on your privacy so you may feel comfortable in using this website and when submitting an application for employment. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are the data controller.
Company-wide, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in the processing of your personal data. We pay special consideration to this matter, both with regards to processing data collected or provided via this website, or that you provide voluntarily to the company, as well as generally in the context of business processes as per our Corporate Data Protection and Maritime industry-specific policies. Any and all specific personal data collected via this website, or that you provide voluntarily to the company, is done so as seen and voluntarily by you as the user, for instance in the context of a job application or general business enquiry. The type of data collected may then be held by us on paper and electronically.
- GENERALLY ON THIS WEBSITE
This website collects only basic data for a few specific purposes, including:
- Processing unsolicited job applications for careers at sea and ashore
- General enquiries with regards to our crew and ship management services
- General enquiries from suppliers, partners, sponsorships, media and other interests, and
- Standard statistical information on user website activity for analytical purposes to help enhance content and the overall user experience on this website.
- DURING THE RECRUITMENT / EMPLOYMENT PROCESS
More specifically to the recruitment process, the Work Offshore “Jobs at Sea” and “jobs ashore” sections requires you to initially provide essential personal data in order to submit an unsolicited job application, including your name, email, rank/job position, preferred recruitment centre/location/Marlow office, and a survey on how you heard about our Company. This data is necessary in order to allow us to process the enquiry for its intended use, i.e. jobs at sea / jobs ashore, whilst meeting our legal obligations as a maritime employer to identify, qualify and administer the recruitment process. Subsequently, some of this data, basically rank, recruitment location and the survey on how you heard about our Company is also used for internal analytical purposes to help improve our services as a seafarer recruitment company and manning agency, and more generally as a crew and ship manager, as well as to enhance the overall user experience on this website.
To complete an application of interest for a job at sea or job ashore, you must also upload your CV/Resume. However, the website DOES NOT actually log or store the CV or any information within, but rather sends it securely, together with all other necessary details, by email over Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) to the relevant recruitment team to be actioned accordingly.
In turn, or even at the same time, we also specifically request that you complete the “Data Processing Consent Form”, or if in the Philippines the Philippines Applicant Data Consent form.
- GENERALLY ON THIS WEBSITE
- USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal data collected via this website, or that you provide voluntarily to the company, are processed only by authorised Company personnel and agents for the very purpose for which you have provided them, legitimately, and according to the legal provisions valid for the jurisdiction in which the website is maintained and/or the nature of the enquiry.
The ways we may use information collected from this website include:
- Processing an unsolicited request for a job application at sea or ashore
- Sending out an email to notify the release of our official Company newsletter
- Providing more information about our Company and its services in crew and ship management, or as per the specific enquiry
- Providing access to the company’s online portals, such as the Crew Portal and Client Portal areas, and
- Administering our website and its recruitment process for internal operations, such as testing and troubleshooting, statistical and data analysis, and research purposes in order to improve our website with regards to content, processes and overall user experience.
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA TO A COUNTRY OUTSIDE THE EU
As an international crew and ship management company, we may transfer certain personal data that we collect via this website, or that you provide voluntarily to the company, on European Union (“EU”) and non-EU data subjects to a country outside the EU, as needed for the specific enquiry and standard business operations, as well as for adhering to local legal requirements. For example, if a user is seeking employment and is based in the Philippines then our office in the Philippines should handle this enquiry, or if the user is a prospective supplier and seeking to present products/services to our office in Ukraine, then our relevant office in Ukraine should handle this enquiry.
As such, personal data that we collect via this website and hold might also be processed by our employees operating outside the EU, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These members of staff may be engaged in, for instance, the recruitment process, fulfilment of contracts and administration purposes with you the data subject, provision of support services, training, and procurement, among other.
- SECURITY AND SAFETY OF DATA AND ITS STORAGE
Despite only collecting and storing minimal and basic personal data on this website (as explained above), we make every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard its security and privacy, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised parties. The same tight controls and best practices are true for any data processed beyond this website and on our Company’s internal networks.
Please be aware that this website may include links to other external websites or other Internet sources, including social media platforms and third party websites. Since we cannot control these websites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these websites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services, or any other material available on or from these websites or external sources, nor their collection and processing of any personal data. However, every effort has been made to vet these external websites and sources at the time of providing any outgoing link from our own website.
With regards to the security and safety of data and its storage, Marlow Offshore assures:
- To take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
- It will be processed lawfully with your consent for the specific purpose it is required and will not be kept for longer than is legally necessary. We will only process any special category of personal information relating to you for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal obligations as a maritime employer and crew and ship manager.
- It will put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction or erasure. Personal data will only be transferred to a data processor if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
- It will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data.
- LIMITATION ON STORAGE
We will not keep personal data active longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable actions to destroy, or erase all data from our website and other systems which is no longer required.
With regards to data that is processed beyond this website, we will retain our Employees records for a period of 7 years. And where information on applications from prospective employees are concerned, we will retain these for a period of 12 months. After this time, the information will be encrypted and archived securely.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
You are always voluntarily providing specific personal detail via this website or indeed to our Company directly over email. In order to fulfil our obligations to respond and action to such enquiries, information must be passed on to the relevant Company department/personnel or authorised agency.
As such, by submitting any information via this website or directly over email, you agree that we have the right to share this information you have provided in order to properly respond and action the enquiry with:
- Any member of Marlow Navigation, including international subsidiaries, and
- Selected authorised third parties including business partners/agencies, suppliers and sub-contractors
- COMPULSORY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will only disclose any information if we are under a duty to disclose or share in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marlow Navigation, our customers, or others. This might include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of criminal investigation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Marlow Navigation may be compelled to disclose a certain amount of information in relation to you under local governing law, or court orders or on receipt of legal notices to produce documents/information.
- FREEDOM OF INFORMATION / YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Under the EU’s GDPR, you have the right to access information/data held about you, and the right to correct, amend, delete, and object to further processing.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Any access request will be free of charge, although multiple copies will be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will endeavour to provide you with the personal data in the same machine-readable format and will make it capable of porting to a third party data controller, only if it is technically feasible to do so.
You should also notify us if any of your personal details change or if you are aware of any inaccuracies so that this can be corrected.
Once you’re written consent has been obtained (as described in point 2.2) your personal data is stored electronically in our database. You can access the personal data we have by contacting email@example.com to request access, rectify and delete data.
- AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL DATA
In order to better understand user behaviour and in turn enhance the user experience on our website, the Marlow web server automatically (i.e. not by registration) collects and records basic statistical information on website activity, such as number of users who visit the website, date, time and length of visits, which pages are viewed, general location of the user, the link of the website in which the user visited from, type of Internet browser being used, type of device being used to access the website, among other general web browsing statistical information. However, such statistics are not always collected accurately, as many Internet technologies can now be used or set to prevent or manipulate information being shared.
Collection of such information on website traffic trends is standard and commonly practised on websites throughout the Internet. This information does not identify individuals as such, but rather provides device and IP related statistics. This information is then used solely by authorised Marlow Navigation personnel and/or the official Marlow Web Master to observer and analyse such website traffic trends.
Various data that may be observed through the website traffic analytics includes:
- Standard machine identity details (used to access the website), as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and its server; and
- Data on the nature of a user’s visit to the site, including server address, user’s upper domain category and thereby origin, date and time of the visit, path taken to the Marlow Navigation website (i.e. through a search engine, social media channel, hyperlink from at another third party website), the various pages accessed on the website, exit pages and exit links, publications downloaded, as well as sometimes searched words or terminology performed to find the website through a search engine (generally these now tend to be encrypted/incognito by search engines).
- COOKIES POLICY
A cookie is a small file placed onto Internet enabled device in order to recognise the device at recurring visits, and in turn enable a website’s features and functionalities.
Cookies may transmit information via a device’s browser with a purpose of authentication or identification via the IP address. For example, cookies enable to identify device, secure access to the Marlow Navigation website, and keep track of web browsing preference for bettering user experience. A cookie cannot collect information from a device and cannot carry any virus or other damaging files.
Cookies can be used to do lots of different things, such as recognise you as the user when you visit the Marlow Navigation website, remembering your preferences, and overall give you a more personalised experience that’s in line with your settings.
Essentially there are two types of cookies:
- persistent cookies, and
- session cookies
A persistent cookie helps the website (and third party applications) recognise you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return and continue your existing user experience. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave the website, i.e. lasting only for as long as the session (usually the current visit to the website or a browser session).
This website marlow-navigation.com only utilises persistent cookies when any browser loads the site, essentially for keeping track/observing website visitor trends/statistics, as explained in the previous section above. This helps to better understand user behaviour on the website and assist with future design and development initiatives in order to improve content and enhance overall user experience. This is applicable to all sorts of Internet enabled devices, i.e. PC, smartphones and tablets.
Cookies might also be placed in your browser when visiting Marlow Navigation via third party application plugins or when using third party modules on the website. This only applies when using the social media “sharing” tools via the third party application “Add This” to voluntarily share a particular press release or newsletter to your chosen social media channel. We do not, however, get access or any detail whatsoever regarding your social media or personal detail during this process. We can only see which pages of our website have been shared collectively over social media and how many times.
- Controlling Cookies on your Device
Cookies on an Internet device help make the user experience of this website better.
Most Internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device, as well as delete them.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your specific browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your cookie browser settings. If you use different devices to view and access the Marlow Navigation website (e.g. PC, smartphone, tablet, Smart TV) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences accordingly.
Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 54077
Contact email: GDPR ‘at’ marlowgroup.com
©2012-2022 Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd. All Rights Reserved